Games are something that everyone craves for, and more than a million games launched every year, but only a few of them are not able to make it far. The franchise games like the Call of duty, Counter strike global offensive, EA games, Gameloft, and Rockstar make more than $500M every year in obtaining the same game over and over again.
There is no official platform to sell authentic games, which has inspired valve to come up with the idea of Steam, which allows gamers to purchase the game online. Several benefits come with the Steam. Many people consider the Steam as a gaming social media platform, which has social media functions like texting, talking to people over MIC, and more.
How to Get Refund on Steam?
According to the sources, last year steam has hit their highest revenue 3.9 billion dollars. They have been growing at a rapid speed for years now. When you look at their balance sheet, there were plenty of transaction made that are cutting down their profits.
Also Check: 5 Best Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac
Do you know why? The reason behind is that the Steam is allowing their paid customers to claim a refund, which creates a fluctuation in the revenue.
Eligibility for Refund:
You have to meet the eligibility to request a refund on the crappy games you have purchased from the steam.
- The game downloaded period should not exceed more than a week.
- The second provision is that you should have less than two hours of gameplay.
Unfortunately, not many people know how to ask for a refund, which why we want to fill that gap for you. We are going to show you how you can ask for a refund on your Steam.
How to Get a Refund on Steam
Step 1: The first step is to log in to your steam account. You have to log in from your Windows version steam.
Step 2: On the top header menu or call it the main menu, click on the “Steam” > in the down menu, you have “Settings” click on that for further process.
Step 3: You will have a window pop-up on your screen. You have to select “Account,” no matter which tab you are on when you open it. You have to select “Account.”
Step 4: We have highlighted on the account page, you have to click on the “View account details.”
Step 5: The page will disappear, and you will be redirected to another page, where you can find the option “View purchase history,” you have to click on it. We have highlighted in the snapshot, so take a quick look at it.
Step 6: Every game you have purchased on the steam will appear in the list. Like we have mentioned that steam does not refund until the game has not been played for two hours and purchased more than two weeks ago. The list has a date, which will help you determine when you have bought it.
Step 7: Click on the game to continue, which will open a new window, where you can find all options related to the purchased game.
Step 8: Now you have to select the first option “I would like a refund,” the message is straight and clear.
Step 9: The next option will appear on your screen, then select “I’d like to request a refund.”
Step 10: The refund will be guaranteed if you meet the eligibility criteria, but you have to select where you want funds to get refunded. You have to click on the “Choose refund method.”
Step 11: You have two options, which may confuse some of you. However, we will clear it.
You have two options,
- Refund to your steam account – The funds will be transferred to your steam account so that you can use it to buy another game.
- Visa – The refund will be transferred to your Bank Account.
Also Check: Guide to delete your Skype Account Permanently
You have to select between these two and move.
Step 12: You have to let the steam reviewers know why you don’t want to continue with this game, you have to give a valid reason, which will be listed in it. Select any one of those answers or options.
- Reason – You have to select the right, there will be several reasons listed below, you have to choose one of them.
- Notes – You have to select pre-prepared reasons, which does not send a clear message to the developers of the game. You can add your personality to the notes field, where you can tell the game developers why you are not continuing the game. It will help them make a better game in the future.
Step 13: Once you are done with the reason and notes, then click on “Submit.”
Step 14: The next page will generate a reference number, which will help you track the refund ticket. If you are receiving an error, then check your Internet connection.
- It doesn’t matter if you have played the game for more than two hours and the download period is more than two weeks the reference page will be generated.
- The reviewer will take around two hours to twenty-four hours to look at your request.
- When you are eligible for the refund, you will receive an email to your registered account regarding the game refund to your bank account or steam account.
- If you have selected “Steam account,” then you will have the amount in your steam account before the email is sent to you.
- If you have selected “Bank account“, then you will be provided information about transfer in the email itself.
- In case, if the request has been rejected, then you will receive an email, which mentions the reason.
So, what was the information you have received in the email?
Steam does provide a refund to their loyal gamers without any hesitation, which is why Valve has been on the top over the years. It does not matter of this is 2018 or any other year, the rules will remain the same. Let us know what do you think about it in the comment section.